Friday, February 26, 2010

Can We Talk Coupons?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of coupons and they're always useful when you have one for something that you truly need. My beef with coupons though is that they coerce you into buying so much USELESS shit just because you have the coupons. For instance, even though I know I'm not gonna get my period anytime soon, if I had a decent coupon for Tampax, you bet your ass I'm gonna run my ass to CVS and go buy those bad boys. I'll just stack 'em up in the bathroom. Or how about this one that Terrell and I ALWAYS fall for. Buy 10 ketchups, and get them for $1 per bottle. Who the EFF in their right mind uses 10 bottles of ketchups at a time?! No one! But still, it's a "deal" so we must run to the nearest shop rite and stock up like we won't be able to get to the store for 3 months.

Late yesterday, in the horrid storm, I dragged Terrell and Brandon to Babies R Us, even though we literally don't need anything baby related right now. (safe, right?)Why you might ask? I had a 20% off any item coupon that expired yesterday. Instead of just chucking it and saving the 50 bucks I spent, I insisted we needed to go NOW (even though I had another 20 percenter that starts today and goes to march 4th, and they send them to me all the time anyway!) You know the other 20% will be used on or before march 4th. I don't know what I'll buy, but it will be something expensive, because if it's 20% off in my mind, you MUST buy something expensive to get the best bang for your buck. This, my friends, is why I'm broke.

At least we got something super cute for Carys' room. Since Brandon has already started the jealousy, we decided to get him his very own comfy chair that matches her room, so he can hang with us when I'm in there taking care of her. Check it out - how cute is it?



For the low low price of $59.99, but folks, rest assured....I had a 20% off coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment