Monday, June 6, 2011

My First Recipe Swap

My very first recipe swap was for Dessert. Despite being the worst baker in the universe, this recipe was pretty good (and simple). I had to make changes to it, since I am not eating wheat/gluten/grains or dairy, but all in all it was pretty good. I'm SURE it would have been much much better in its original form!! One day I'll give the original a whirl (you know, when I'm not stuffing my sausage body in my clothes anymore)

Here is the original recipes for those who aren't chunky dunks like yours truly....

CRACKER CANDY (from lmary0405)

Ingredients:
1 Bag chocolate chips (12oz bag)
2 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
enough saltines to line a cookie sheet.

Line a cookie sheet with foil then a sheet of saltines. Melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat until low boil, boil for 3 minutes. Pour mixture over crackers, bake 400 degress for 5 minutes (make sure not to do any more then 5 minutes because it burns fast and tastes terrible!). Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot candy, let sit for a minute then spread. Let cool and break into pieces. I prefer mine in the freezer but room temp or in the fridge is fine too.

I used crackers made from nuts instead of saltines, and olive oil instead of 2 sticks of butter. I also used 3 dark cocoa bars instead of regular chocolate chips since they have milk in them. Also, where it says to make sure not to do more than 5 minutes - they meant it! These things burn easily!

All in all, this was an excellent recipe, and my kids scarfed it all up as well! I will post pictures when I remember to download my camera to my computer!! Can't wait for the next swap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment